Monday, June 26, 2006

Today was a good day. My little ones seemed to be more drawn to carrot rather than cane. Someone even mentioned she wanted abalone. Good. At least she did not want cane. I need to pray hard that the carrot works if not I will have to switch back to the cane which is going to make a hell out of myself and a hell out of my little ones. They did not like the idea of signing a binding contract. Their parents questioned but I told them that I have to resort to this in order to make the environment conducive for learning. I do not want them to lag behind the other NA classes. They used to be good and I want them to keep up the good work.

An idea came to my mind. If possible, I will like to collaborate with 2E5 English teacher and see if we can come out with something interesting for both classes. The English department has started to ask for good essays. Perhaps starting the semester with journal writing is the best. I can also select good writings from here. So children, please let me know if you have come across any good writings by your classmates ok?

Oh gosh, it already 11pm. I thought I told myself to sleep before 10pm. But still, thinking about my little ones. It was my brother's first day in school too. He was home earlier than me. This is his first job. He played the piano after his most-needed nap. I thought he played it with more feeling, more forlornly this time as if he has fallen for someone. His school is notorious in this area but I didn't expect it to be that bad. That school has no express classes. There is no distinction between NA and NT class even. I can feel that he empathizes with the kids to such extent that he sympathizes them. My brother told me that the students in the school are "different". For an instant, I thought he was referring to discipline problems. But I was wrong. There is this boy in his class that he mentioned, was beaten up by a group of bullies in his ex-primary school. The boy's right arm was permanently deformed as a result. You can imagine the physcial agony and psychological trauma that the poor boy's schoolmates had inflicted on him. Worse still, he has to live with it at such a tender age. The students from that school suffered some form of abuse one way or another. They grew up in the most adverse environment that one can think of. Sounds pretty bad, right?

I have a premonition. I think my brother is falling in love....with teaching. Let see how his 4-week stint in that school will change him hehe:) He doesn't know that I am writing about him heh.

1 comment:

Miss J.B Autumns said...

Hey Nice blog.Your story was interesting heh.Oh hmm i can't help but notice the essay writing thing lol.I'm personally drawing and writing a fairytale well it's not quite done yet but i'm quite sure it will soon.It lasts about maybe 3-4 pages.Anyway that boy from your brother's class is really a sad case.It's really bad that kids from even primary school will be that violent to the extend that the victim was injured with a deformed arm.Nowadays young teens like us,don't think of the consquences before we started to be violent and blew our tops.But don't worry of our class peeps that much cos i know that the naughty ones won't go to the extend of hurting each other that badly as we have the sense o being a teen and not a child anymore.I'm pretty sure if there's a fight,the boys and chairperson with the other class committees will pull the two people and stop them from fighting. =P Well, thxs for caring for us. Someday when we're old,we'll all appreciate your care and consent. Yours Always, JoJo XD