Monday, October 09, 2006

Wisdom tooth

On this special day, I pulled out not one but two of my intact wisdom teeth. It was not that painful during the operation. The anesthetic was injected into my gums and within minutes I didn't feel anything at all. Nothing at all. The surgeon started out by sawing my slanted wisdom tooth. I can still hear the sawing sound in my head now. It sounded like the automated machine saw in operation before it struck on my tooth. Then it turned into a high-pitched screeching sound when the surgeon pushed the dental saw onto my tooth, cutting my gum in the process. Fortunately, the sound of the sucker tube managed to divert some of my attention away from the saw. The sucker tube sucked out all the debris, broken fragments and blood continuously throughout the operation. Of course I didn't manage to see all that. But after the sawing, out of curiousity, I mustered the remnants of my former courage, I opened my eyes just a little, but decided to shut it tightly back again. In that split second, I saw 2 persons holding 4 metallic tools scrawning all over inside my fully extended mouth. Though it was just a glimpse, it was an obnoxious sight to bear. After several attempts to remove the broken tooth with a pair of tweezers, the surgeon asked for a plier. Then he used all his might and strength to assert pressure on my tooth. My stubborn tooth refused to bulge.The surgeon used his whole body's weight pressing on my tooth. The tooth finally relented and let out a cracking sound. I was half amused and half on the verge of tears. Then he repeated the sawing part again as he went for the second kill...

No comments: